Broader Mission Service
In addition to Short-Term Missions (STMs), Great Commission Europe (GCE) needs laborers who desire to serve–on college campuses as exchange students, or in specific skilled roles in churches, or with exploration and evangelism efforts, or with teams seeking to establish the gospel in new areas. GCE has also established a strategy to push forward with expansion efforts over the next few years. Below are descriptions of each of these opportunities for you to consider. Please contact GCE to explore specific locations & roles.
- Short-term missions – one to two week mission trips that come alongside an existing church or team (a few examples of possible STMs: evangelistic – survey and initiative evangelism, English clubs and camps, service projects, outreach events, etc.; service – childcare during GCE’s Awaken conference or Missionary retreat; equipping – seminary, workshops, discussions at churches in areas of ministry or professional aptitude; or exploratory trips for church planting in a new city or country).
- Study abroad – students who would like to combine their academics with a cross-cultural ministry experience; coordinated directly with the local church in Europe.
- Internships – paid and unpaid internships for young men and women during longer school breaks or in between jobs. For those who would like to explore and experience cross-cultural ministry with an existing church or new church plant in Europe for a semester, usually two to four months in length.
- One-Year – a cross-cultural program allowing those interested in exploring whether or not long-term cross-cultural missions is God’s call for their life. Typically, joining and co-laboring with an existing church or team.
- Itinerant ministry – one to six week trips to equip in areas of proven giftedness; coordinated directly with a local church and/or with the GCE team.
- Long-term cross-cultural ministry – for more mature and experienced worker(s) who are catalytic and ‘apostolic’ in nature; church planting, evangelism and disciple making; equipping in a broader context across churches, cultures and geographical boundaries. In time, if God so leads, could be a ‘settler’ who equips new cross-cultural workers and catalyzes ministry to new people groups and sub-cultures.
For more information and general inquires about laboring with GCE in Europe, contact us.